Error 1067 when starting MySQL Service

Everything has installed fine but I am getting an error 1067 when trying to start the MYSQL service manually. I also have the error upon login when the service is trying to start manually.

When I look at event viewer it says "Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error."

Any ideas?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Error 1067 when starting MySQL Service

Take a look in your MySQL .err file for more clues. This is located in the MySQL data/ directory. On my Windows 7 machine, it's in:

C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data/<hostname>.err

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-log.html for more details.

-Tim

This is what the error log says

120831 20:30:37 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
120831 20:30:37  InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 107.0M
120831 20:30:37  InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
InnoDB: Error: log file .\ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 56623104 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 25165824 bytes!
120831 20:30:37 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
120831 20:30:37 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
120831 20:30:37 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported table type: INNODB
120831 20:30:37 [ERROR] Aborting

It looks like you have changed the innodb log file size after the log files have have been created.

To do this correctly, follow the steps outlined here: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2011/07/09/how-to-change-innodb_log_...

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thankyou for that. It still fails when starting, but at least I am little further than before. The new error is as below

120903  6:30:24 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
120903  6:30:24  InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 107.0M
120903  6:30:24  InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
120903  6:30:24  InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
120903  6:30:24 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
120903  6:30:24 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
120903  6:30:24 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported table type: INNODB
120903  6:30:24 [ERROR] Aborting

You need to:

• stop the MySQL service
  • remove both ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1
  • restart the service

-Tim

I removed those files and MySQL now starts fine. I attempted to run Openvpms but it came up with an error. I restarted the PC and now I get an error "Access is denied. Unable to open the service 'Tomcat7'"

Take a look at the following page: http://superuser.com/questions/284657/tomcat7-service-cannot-start-on-wi...

This response may be relevant:

"I was getting the very same error and I managed to sort it out. Though in my case, even though the same error occurred on every start of the machine, the service was running, as I was able to use my app. But I seriously wanted to get rid of this problem so the client will not be forced to see this annoying error.

The way I did it was set up the tomcat7w.exe to always start as an administrator. Exactly you do it in the following way: to right click on the tomcat7w.exe which is in 'bin' folder of the tomcat installation, select 'Properties', then in 'Compatibility' tab under 'Privilege Level' select the 'Run this program as an administrator'".

Thankyou, that part appears fixed.

Although this has now thrown up another issue as it says the service started then stopped.

You need to provide some more diagnostic messages in order for us to help you.

Take a look at this page: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

Specifically, the part on debugging services: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html#Debug...

Additionally I would post the following information

1. What OS are you installing on (I assume its Windows 7)?

2. What version of MYSQL have you installed?

3. What version of Tomcat have you installed.?

4.  Report what is in the events.msc (windows error logs) under Control Panel - Administrators - as well as the following logs

Tomcat7-stderr-*****.log (make sure you use the most recent error log from the day it produced the error)

Catalina******.log (again most recent)

Tomcat7-stdout-***.log (again most recent)

attach those error logs for people to look at...if they exist...

The issues you are having are not issues with Openvpms they are installation and setup issues with Tomcat and Mysql..  If you find a specific error it may be worthwhile googling it - usually lots of people have had a similar error and its faster reading how they responded than waiting for us to respond here.  However post away and we can all have a crack and trying to sort you out.

Ben

1. What OS are you installing on (I assume its Windows 7)? Yes it is Windows 7

2. What version of MYSQL have you installed? My SQL 5.1

3. What version of Tomcat have you installed.? Tomcat v7.0.29

4. Report what is in the events.msc (windows error logs) under Control Panel - Administrators - as well as the following logs -

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] MySQL

- EventID 100
      [ Qualifiers] 49152

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2012-09-02T20:28:13.000000000Z

EventRecordID 1238

Channel Application

Computer Openvpms-PC

Security

- EventData
      Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.

Tomcat7-stderr-*****.log (make sure you use the most recent error log from the day it produced the error)

Catalina******.log (again most recent)

Tomcat7-stdout-***.log (again most recent)

AttachmentSize
catalina.2012-09-03 - Copy.txt 4.33 KB
tomcat7-stderr.2012-09-03 - Copy.txt 4.21 KB
tomcat7-stdout.2012-09-03 - Copy.txt 2.5 KB

OK I ran just tomcat7 as you can see below and it came up with the below Error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin>tomcat7
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

I then ran tomcat7 in console mode and it came up with the below

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin>tomcat7 //TS//T
omcat 7
[2012-09-04 16:55:56] [warn]  The system cannot find the Registry key for servic
e 'Tomcat'
[2012-09-04 16:55:56] [error] Load configuration failed
[2012-09-04 16:55:56] [error] The system cannot find the file specified.
[2012-09-04 16:55:56] [error] Commons Daemon procrun failed with exit value: 2 (
Failed to load configuration)
[2012-09-04 16:55:56] [error] The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin>

You may have two versions of java on your machine, one in c:\Windows\System32 and another in c:\Program Files\Java\jre6. You need to ensure that your PATH enviroment variable has the c:\Program Files\Java\jre6 listed before %SystemRoot%\system32

-Tim

Also correct me if I am wrong but I think one of the java installers creates a registry key that redirects all java.exe calls to a certain JVM, apparently it can bypass the path.   I ran into this on a windows 2003 installation at one point.  I am sorry but I cant remember the specifics... I could tell that my path statements was not correct by running from a command prompy  in the C:\apache\tomact directory (or whereever u run tomcat from) the followng

java -version.

which returned

java version "1.6.0_33"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_33-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

My solution was to uninstall all my old java versions (which are not uninstalled when java updates to a new version) and reinstalling the version I wanted. At the time I was downgrading from a higher version to fix a compatibility issue.

OK I ran Java -version and got the below error. I have also changed the path to the front. I will delete all versions and re-install the latest. Although there should only be 1 version as it as only just loaded with a fresh copy of Windows 7.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin>java -version
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

I have just checked & there is only 1 version of Java installed - Java 7 Update 7.

I removed Java version 7 & installed Java 6 update 35 and that side of things is working & the Apache service is now starting.

I launch the webpage for Openvpms and login as admin with a password of admin. It thinks for a few seconds then comes up with the error below

The following client application error has occorred:

Cannot process ServerMessage (Phase 2)

Error Name:Error

Error Message: No such interface supported

Please contact your server administrator.

I have installed Firefox and it appears to be working OK.

Is there anything I should try that I can test it to make sure it is functioning properly?

Syndicate content