OpenVPMS 1.6.3 beta SNAPSHOT

Tim, testing out the integrated javamail secure smtp implementation.

1.  To help debuging communication errors it would be nice to be able to enable debug mode.

>
        <property name="protocol" value="smtps" />
        <property name="javaMailProperties">
                <props>
                        <prop key="mail.smtps.auth">true</prop>
                        <prop key="mail.smtps.starttls.enable">true</prop>
                        <prop key="mail.smtps.debug">true</prop>
                </props>
        </property>
</bean>

as well as the secure smtp feature

Also am I correct in saying that after I make adjustsments to the "practice location" entry I need to restart Tomcat to get the effects to propegate.

09 Oct 2012 13:44:54,765 ERROR ErrorHelper,http-bio-8080-exec-7:129 - Failed to send email to benjamin.charlton[at]ascotvetsurgery.com[dot]au: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1

09 Oct 2012 13:58:48,468 ERROR ErrorHelper,http-bio-8080-exec-12:129 - Failed to send email to benjamin.charlton[at]ascotvetsurgery.com[dot]au: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1

The second error occured after I had changed the mode to STARTTLS and the port to 587....it appeared not to have changed.  After I restarted tomcat this worked perfectly.

It may be wise to create a popup when editing mail properties advising of a required tomcat restart , to effect the changes.

Ben

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: OpenVPMS 1.6.3 beta SNAPSHOT

You just need to log out/log in after making changes to the practice location.

You can enable debugging by editing the mailSender bean in :

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/openvpms/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

<bean id="mailSender" class="org.openvpms.web.component.service.MailService" scope="prototype">
    <property name="javaMailProperties">
       <props>
           <prop key="mail.smtps.debug">true</prop>
       </props>
    </property>
</bean>    

Re: OpenVPMS 1.6.3 beta SNAPSHOT

Thanks Tim...I forgot about the logout thing with practice changes..

Syndicate content