Seiko SLP 440 Label Problem - Windows 7

Good evening!

I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem?

I am helping a site which recently moved from XP to Windows 7.  They have a Seiko SLP 440 label printer which was working fine before the move.  They are using generic Vet labels which contain a standard Vet Warning which have always worked fine on the printer.  Now the labels are coming out but only with a portion of the data is being pringed i.e. some data is truncated and some is missing once the label prints.

I have looked at the label before it goes to the printer using print preview and can see all of the information correctly displayed so I think I have tracked the problem down to the printer itself.  

I have confirmed the settings in OpenVPMS for the Label Template are correct as per previous discussions on the forum e.g. Custom Paper, Landscape, paper size 54 by 70, etc.

When I look at the Seiko the paper is set to SLP-2RLE Addr (36mm by 89mm) but no matter what I do I can not change the paper size to the correct size of 54mm by 70mm to match the labels they are using.  I can see the correct size on the advanced features drop down list and can select it but it does not change in the settings for the printer. I have rebooted to see if that will cause the update but no good ...

Is there and XML file somewhere which holds these settings or is there some problem with Windows 7 running the Seiko?  (I did not do the migration and I don't have a huge amount of experience with W7 so am struggling a bit)

Thanks for your help
Des
PS If I solve it I will post what it turned out to be but have been working on this for a while!! 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Seiko SLP 440 Label Problem - Windows 7

Hi,

Looks like it was a problem with the Seiko Printer Driver .... updated and it now works.

Cheers

Des

Re: Seiko SLP 440 Label Problem - Windows 7

Hi,

I have made a major mess of my system trying to install a new printer.

I accidentally deleted my drug label printer. I reinstalled it, but now the labels aren't printing properly. They are only printing a small section of the label.

Please could someone help. How do I get the label to print like it used to? All of the settings were the same as above.

Thanks

Re: Seiko SLP 440 Label Problem - Window 2008 server

Greta's problem is now fixed.

The problem is as follows:

1. the driver defaults to label size to 36x89 mm - but the actual label being used is 54x70mm
  2. if you use Printer Preferences|Avanced to set the size to 54x70 (as advised in the Seiko readme file) then this ONLY sets the size for the user that you are logged on as
  3. Tomcat on this system runs under the Local System Account - hence we need to set the paper size so that Tomcat gets it correct

On a Win 2008 server (and I suspect a Win 2012 server) the way to do this is as follows:

In Server Manager, expand out Roles| Print & Document Services|Print Management|Custom Filters|All printers, then right-click the appropriate printer and left click Set Printing Defaults

Then click the Advanced button – and select the required printer size, then OK all windows to close things.

It was  set to

I changed this to the required 54 x 70 label - all then worked, labels print correctly - no need to restart anything.

NOTE if you are running OpenVPMS on Win 7/8/10 and you have the same problem, then I suspect that the easiest solution is to run Tomcat in a specific user account and not the (default when you install Tomcat)  Local System account.  To do this, call up Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services then right click on the Apache Tomcat service and left click Properties. In the Log On tab you can set the account it is to run in and then restart Tomcat.  Then you can login to this account and set the paper size for the label printer(s).

Regards, Tim G

Syndicate content